StoryBundle isn’t slowing down. It’s just announced a Young Adult bundle featuring five DRM-free multiple-format works from independent YA authors, plus two sequels to two of the five if you kick in at least $10. While I haven’t personally heard of any of the writers or stories involved, that might very well be part of the point—to get exposure for these writers. Most of the books seem to be part of series (one of them is an omnibus edition of the first three books of a five-part series), which means that if readers get hooked there could be more sales for the rest.
They cover a range of genres—there’s the MMO-as-gateway-to-magical-world books, a steampunk book, a near-future dystopia. Something for everyone.
Quoting from StoryBundle’s email:
The initial titles in the bundle are:
- Feyland: The Dark Realm by Anthea Sharp
- Scourge by David H. Burton
- Powerless – Omnibus Edition by Jason Letts – (three books in one volume!)
- The Blemished by Sarah Dalton
- Closed Hearts by Susan Quinn
If you pay more than the bonus price of just $10, you’ll get two more titles:
- Feyland: The Bright Court by Anthea Sharp, the followup to Feyland: The Dark Realm
- The Vanished by Sarah Dalton, the followup to The Blemished
StoryBundle is also giving away Open Minds, the book that comes before Closed Hearts, for free for subscribing to its newsletter.
At GenCon, I had the chance to ask Michael Stackpole about his participation in a previous StoryBundle. I just need to find the time and energy to start transcribing those interviews. (Still getting over the cold I got there.)