8 reasons we’re entering self-publishing’s golden age
July 21, 2011 | 3:34 pm
Over at XinXii (it’s sort of a German Smashwords with a little bit of Scribd thrown in), self-publisher and book designer Joel Friedlander has published an optimistic look at today’s marketplace. He thinks it’s a golden age, and he lists eight reasons why.
You can check out the full article at XinXii for details, but here are his reasons. What do you think of them?
- The playing field is leveling.
- Access to tools and professionals is easier than ever.
- Social media makes effective marketing affordable.
- Digital publishing eliminates production risk.
- Industry prejudices against ebooks and self-publishing are waning.
- The definition of a “book” is not only changing, but expanding to make room for new ideas and products.
- The Internet provides a global marketplace for authors.
- Mobile technology is accelerating the adoption of ebooks.
(Photo: Un ragazzo chiamato Bi)