More on TechnologyTell: Gadget News | Apple News
July 20, 2012 | 9:57 am
By Paul Biba
- E-book viewer: Add a paged mode that splits up the text into pages, like in a paper book instead of presenting it as a single column. To activate click the button with the yellow scroll icon in the top right corner.
- Digitally sign the calibre OS X and windows builds
- Get Books: Add Mills and Boon UK
- Various minor improvements to the Bulk metadata edit dialog
- Fix various regression in the auto-complete functionality for authors/series/tags etc introduced in 0.8.60
- Drivers for various new Android devices
- MOBI: Add support for the new language EXTH header field in MOBI files generated by kindlegen 2.5
- KF8 Output: Fix calibre produced KF8 files not showing the ‘Use publisher font’ option on the Kindle Touch when they have embedded fonts
- Txt/fb2/rtf/pml/rb output: Fix non-visibile element’s tail text (which should be visible) is being ignored when it shouldn’t.
- Book details panel: When displaying a link to amazon, use a country specific name like amazon.fr instead of using amazon.com for all countries
- Conversion: When splitting on page breaks, ignore page-breaks with values of auto and inherit.
- Metadata jacket: Specify foreground in addition to the background color for the title banner so that it remain readable if the user tries to monkey with the CSS in the viewer.
- PDF Output: Fix rendering of cover as first age of PDF (ignore margins so that the image covers the entire page)
- Linux binaries: Bundle libglib to avoid incompatibilities with glib on various distros.
- Fix find_identical_books() choking on books with too many authors
(Via calibre Changelog.)