More on TechnologyTell: Gadget News | Apple News
July 13, 2012 | 8:46 am
By Paul Biba
- When searching, allow use of un-accented characters to match accented characters in all fields and all languages (not just authors and English as before)
- Content server: Show a best guess for the IP address the content server is currently listening at in the connect/share menu.
- E-book viewer: Add an option to show a clock in full screen mode.
- Drivers for Paquito Imaginarium and a few Android phones
- HTMLZ Output: Add option to use the book title as the filename for the html file inside the archive
- Make the list of displayed fields in the book details panel a per library setting
- Have autocomplete on authors/series/tags/etc. ignore accented characters when finding matches (similar to the changes to search above)
- Support for retina displays in OS X (I hope)
- Remove the dependency on the zip command line tool when developing plugins
- Kobo driver: Do not perform write operations on the Kobo database if its version is newer than the latest version the driver supports, for safety
- KF8 Input: Ignore encoding declarations inside the html markup, as they are sometimes incorrect.
- Force refresh of cached composite column values when values in the cache are changed
- Fix a regression that broke calibre –shutdown-running-calibre on windows.
- Possible workaround for Qt 4.8.2 open file dialog failing on some linux distros.
- Catalogs: Fix some epubcheck errors when generating catalogs in EPUB format
- Linux installer: When calling the xdg utilities use system libraries rather than the libraries bundled with calibre
- Fix numeric sort for composite custom columns that use custom separators
- Tag browser: When grouping by first letter, handle languages that have letters made of more than one character. This can be turned off via Preferences->Tweaks
(Via calibre Changelog.)