calibre 0.8.56 released
June 15, 2012 | 9:08 am
By Paul Biba
- Make the new calibre style default on Windows and OS X.
- Get Books: Add the new SONY Reader store
- Read metadata from .docx (Microsoft Word) files
- Allow customizing the behavior of the searching for similar books by right clicking the book. You can now tell calibre to search different columns than the traditional author/series/publisher/tags/etc. in Preferences->Searching
- Add option to restore alternating row colors to the Tag Browser under Preferences->Look & Feel->Tag Browser
- Update to Qt 4.8.2 on windows compiled with link time code generation for a small performance boost
- Get Books: Update plugins to handle website changes at ebooks.com, project gutenberg, and virtualo
- AZW3 Output: Fix TOC at start option not working
- AZW3 Output: Close self closing script/style/title/head tags explicitly as they cause problems in webkit based renderers like the Kindle Fire and calibre’s viewers.
- Fix the current_library_name() template function not updating after a library switch
- AZW3 Output: Handle the case of a link pointing to the last line of text in the document.
- Fix regression in 0.8.55 that broke highlighting of items matching a search in the Tag Browser
- News download: Handle query only relative URLs
(Via calibre Changelog.)