Customers use Amazon Mayday button in unique ways
April 13, 2014 | 1:11 pm
Kindle Fire HDX owners may have used the Amazon Mayday button for assistance with their gadget, but not everyone is looking for technical help with their devices.
In a letter from Jeff Bezos to shareholders on Thursday, Bezos recounted some of the more interesting ways customers have used the ‘Mayday’ button.
– Mayday Tech Advisors have had 35 marriage proposals
– 475 customers have asked to talk to ‘Amy,’ the Mayday television personality
– 109 customers asked for help in ordering a pizza (Pizza Hut was the slim favorite over Domino’s)
– 44 Mayday advisors have sung happy birthday to customers
– There were 648 instances of Mayday advisors being sung to
– Three customers asked for a bedtime story
I’m sure that’s not exactly what Amazon had in mind, but people were going to find ways to use the Mayday button even if they didn’t help in figuring out some on their Kindle. But getting a pizza could be tough, and people need to eat!